Thursday, August 21, 2008

Where does the time go?

I can't believe how long it's been since posting on this here blog. I'm not sure where the time goes. One minute your watching the Red Sox and blogging away, next minute it's a year later (still watching the Red Sox) and can barely remember blogging at all. I guess since I started Twittering (is that even a word?) and Facebooking I remembered I had a blog. It's not as if I was inendated with requests for updates but non-the-less I'm back.

So the guy who coined the phrase "Terrible twos" in regards to toddlers only called it that because his/her child hadn't turned 3 yet. 3 has been quite an experience, as my Wife says 3 is like two but with a vocabulary. So not only can my daughter tell me why she's upset, but she can usually tell me what I can do to make her not so upset (buy a toy, ice cream, glitter encrusted unicorn, etc). She can also make counter offers to my requests. What do I mean? Well lets take a look at a simple transaction that happened just this morning:

Me: "Ally if you are thursty, why don't you come here (in the kitchen) and have some juice."
Ally: "I think I want to drink in the living room."
Me: "No honey, that's not a good idea, you're drinking red juice and that may stain if you spill it."
Ally: "Okay, I think maybe I just drink a little in the living room and then in the kitchen."
Me: "Um...no? Why don't you just drink it in the kitchen."
Ally: "Daddy...I'm not thursty anymore."
Me: **bangs head against brick wall in frustration**

Unfortunately for me I believe my daughter has inherited my stubbourness and I'm not sure what I can do about it.

Suggestions?

No comments: